I often receive invitations to conduct workshops, or speak to organizations and to answer some of their commonly asked questions, I’ve prepared this page:
1. Where are you located? I live in Colorado, 20 miles south of Denver, about halfway between the city and Colorado Springs
2. Do you present programs outside of Colorado? Yes. I’ve made presentations at national and state PPA conventions in Nebraska, Oregon, Utah, New Orleans, Texas, Wisconsin and Wyoming. I’ve conducted workshops for Shutterbug and Popular Photography magazines in California, Florida, Montana and New Mexico and taught workshops at FOTOfusion, the Palm Beach Photographic Center and several of the New England Council of Camera Clubs’ annual events in Amherst, MA.
3. What is your fee? My fee is based on the program your organization desires, how long it will be and where you’re located. Click Contact and tell me about your event I’ll be glad to discuss specific fees.
The sponsoring organization must cover out-of-state travel expenses. At some events where I’ve spoken, the organization found sponsors to cover my fee and travel expenses. Unlike some photographers who present programs, I do not have personal sponsors. The sponsors you see on my sites and blogs help pay for hosting, bandwidth, and system administration only.
4.Won’t your book or magazine publisher cover travel expenses? No they don’t and they never have. Book publishers may do that for Stephen King but not me.
5. If we lets you sell your books at the event will that get us a lower fee? The publisher of my last four books sells them to me for within a dollar of what Amazon will sell them to you and you might get free shipping from Amazon, something the publisher does not offer me.
6. Do you judge photo competitions? I’m only available for judging professional photographer competitions. For amateur or aspiring pros I think face-to-face critiques and portfolio reviews are more useful for improving a person’s photography. That’s why during the year, I offer in person mentoring sessions as well as portfolio reviews during the Christmas with all of the fee going to charity.