Since I sometimes receive invitations to speak to organizations and at events I’ve prepared this page to answer some commonly asked questions:
1. Where are you located? I live in Colorado, 20 miles south of Denver, about halfway between the city and Colorado Springs
2. Do you present workshops outside Colorado? Yes. I’ve made presentations at national and state PPA conventions in Nebraska, Oregon, Utah, New Orleans, Texas, Wisconsin and Wyoming. I’ve conducted workshops for Shutterbug and Popular Photography magazines in California, Florida, Montana and New Mexico and taught workshops at FOTOfusion, the Palm Beach Photographic Center and several of the New England Council of Camera Clubs’ annual events in Amherst, MA.
3. What is your fee? My fee is based on the kind of program that your organization desires, how long it will be and where you are located. Click Contact and I’ll be glad to discuss specific fees.
The sponsoring organization should cover my out-of-state travel expenses. For some events where I’ve spoken, the organization found outside sponsors to cover the fee and travel expenses. Unlike some photographers who present programs, I do not have personal sponsors. The sponsors you see on my sites and blogs help to pay for hosting, bandwidth, and system administration.
4.Won’t your book or magazine publisher cover travel expenses? No they don’t and they never have. Book publishers may do that for Stephen King but not me.
5. If we lets you sell your books at the event will that get us a lower fee? The publisher of my last four books sells them to me for within a dollar of what Amazon will sell them to you and you might get free shipping from Amazon, something the publisher does not offer me.
6. Do you judge photo competitions? I’m available for judging professional photographer competitions. For amateur or aspiring pros I think face-to-face critiques and portfolio reviews are more useful for improving a person’s photography. That’s why during the year, I offer in person mentoring sessions as well as portfolio reviews with all of the fee going to charity.
Thanks for vising my blog.